Has Bluetooth arrived?
Will Bluetooth be better late than never or too little, too late? Regardless of your opinion on the oft-delayed technology, we could actually be seeing the fabled Springboard module soon. Red-M announced today the Blade Bluetooth Springboard module for the Handspring Visor. What does that do for Visor owners? Here are some of Blade's features:
The Blade is a standard-size module, with Battery life expected to be two days of typical use. According to the Blade datasheet, the Edge, Prism, Platinum, Pro, and Neo Visor models are supported.
- Connect without wires, whether at home, on the road or in the office
- Access email, calendar, contacts, Intranet and browse the Internet from anywhere
- Quickly compose and send SMS messages
- Autodial contacts from your PDA's contacts list menu
- Communicate with other Bluetooth-enabled devices for sharing data and game playing
- Connect to multi-user Bluetooth, in-building networks
- Powered by the Visor's internal battery
Priced at $179, the Blade will be available this month from selected retail outlets. Feel free to laugh at your Palm Vx friends who have to spend $20 more.
Now I just need to get a basestation that works with both 802.11 for my PowerBook and Bluetooth for the Blade yet also has a few ethernet ports for my desktop computers. Does this beast exist yet? Perhaps one day I won't need a home office anymore. I would be happy to instead have a couch office!