In this round we have updates to Google Maps for Palm OS, Navigator, TreoWeather, Softick Audio Gateway, and some new Treo apps like mTools, WLink, Resco BrainGain, GPS Skinner, and more. It's the usual mixture of both Palm OS and Windows Mobile software.
Telzuit Medical Technologies Awaiting WM6 for Treo 750
Telzuit Medical Technologies is waiting for AT&T to certify the Palm Treo 750 utilizing Windows Mobile 6.0 before they can broaden their roll-out of their STATPATCH System. Telzuit is now operational utilizing both its PDA-based and PC-based STATPATCH System. The Company expects sales to ramp up significantly over the next several months when AT&T certifies the Treo 750 for Windows Mobile 6.0.
The STATPATCH System is a fully mobile, wireless biometric cardiac data collection system. The system combines powerful, state-of-the-art technology to transmit, receive, and store a patients biometric cardiac data.
A comfortable, wireless patch is applied in seconds on a patient to be monitored. Utilizing Bluetooth® technology, the STATPATCH transmits ECG data to a smartphone that patients either carry with them or place within 30 feet of themselves. Data is transmitted by the smartphone to an independent diagnostic testing facility that stores, and processes this data. Healthcare providers can rapidly access reports via a dedicated HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)-compliant Web site.
Palm's website has a very interesting success story about how Telzuit Medical Technologies relies on the Treo for their wireless cardiac holter.
Telzuit provides advanced mobile medicine for people worldwide. Kudos to them for being so innovative in the medical world and coming up with a great way to make the proccess of monitoring patient's hearts much easier! And Kudos to Palm for developing such an innovative device as the Treo!
Holter technology requires multiple wires and reading equipment attachments to a patient's body. All this makes for an annoying and stressful experience. Not to mention the cost for the physician and the amount of time that all this takes up for the office staff. It can take as long as 48 hours for the data to be received and analyzed for a holter monitor and much longer for an event monitor, and that can seriously delay the detection and treatment of abnormalities.
But Telzuit has come up with the wireless holter monitor and after a careful survey of a variety of handheld and smartphone devices, they chose the Palm Treo as the device to which its wireless holter monitor would transmit ECG data via Bluetooth. The Treo then utilizes AT&T's national footprint for immediate cellular transport of critical cardiac information to Telzuit's data center.
And guess what? The wireless patch is disposable so the patient can simply throw it away and return the Treo at their next appointment. Cool! Then the doctor re-charges the Treo so it'll be ready for the next patient. All of the downloading and analysis of data is completed prior to the appointment. The Treo runs proprietary Palm OS software. But Telzuit is evidently going to start also using WM because they're waiting for AT&T to release Windows Mobile 6 on the Treo 750. Then they will be able to increase their sales.
I remember when my Mother had to wear a heart monitor awhile back. It wasn't a very pleasant experience for her. All those wires were a real nuisance and so was having to carry that box on her side. She breaks out very easily so she had several irritated red splotches from all the spots where the wires were attached. How nice if she'd been able to use this wireless monitor and not have to have a device attached to her since the Treo would be getting all that data via Bluetooth and wouldn't have to stay attached at all times. Is that TreoCentral's Jay Gross I see nodding his head in agreement? Jay posted about his TreoTrip to the hospital last year. I have a feeling that Jay knows all too well about having to deal with a bunch of annoying wires.
- Telzuit's wireless heart monitor is unobtrusive compared to wired monitors, thanks to its ability to transmit cardiac data to the Treo via Bluetooth.
- The Treo runs Telzuit's proprietary software and uses a cellular network to send near-real-time information to the company's data center.
- Rather than waiting for a patient's return visit to read data, physicians can access a comprehensive, 12-lead Holter monitor report in near real time via a secure Web portal or fax significantly accelerating diagnostic and treatment timeframes.
- The Wireless Holter Monitor features a 12-lead ECG, rather than the 3-to-5-lead ECG found in comparable wired products, giving physicians a more complete picture of the cardiac situation.
- The wireless solution means no office time is wasted syncing data from the Treo; the Treo PDA is returned to the doctor who simply re-charges the device readying it for the next patient.
- If the patient moves into an area without a cellular signal, the data is stored on the Treo's SD card and immediately uploaded to the Cingular network at the next available opportunity.
- Reliability was key to Telzuit's selection of the Treo's selection, and was instrumental to the product receiving FDA approval. Competing solutions failed repeatedly.
So we TreoCentral Treo 750 users aren't the only ones waiting for that Windows Mobile 6 update! ;-) You can read more about Telzuit Medical Technologies here and read the full Palm success story of the wireless holter monitor being used with a Treo here.
Google Maps for Palm OS Updated
I read over at Palm Infocenter that Google Maps for Palm OS has been updated to version 18.104.22.168. The supported Palm OS devices are listed as the Palm TX, Treo 600, 650, 680, and 700p. According to Palm Infocenter, the Treo 755p contains an older version of Google maps in ROM and is fully compatible with the update.
You can download Google Mobile Maps for free from google.com/gmm/treo within Blazer without Hotsync via the integrated Nutshell auto-installer.
I have no idea what has actually changed in the update since Google's map page doesn't have a history log.
mTools is a new Treo app by MotionApps.
mTools is the essential tool set for best Treo performance. mTools includes a set of eight utility applications designed specifically to make your everyday Treo usage easier and more productive. This all inclusive utility suite is a one-stop-shop that will enhance your Treo and save you a bundle.
mTools is available here for $34.99.
Toysoft has just released a new Treo app called SMSPager.
SMSPager is designed to replace the traditional pager so that you will not have to carry another device with you. SMSPager is simple in design and to use. You create custom filters for all the senders that you wish to receive text messages from. Messages that SMSPager does not receive they will be passed to the default Messaging application or you can assign SMSPager to receive all the text messages.
You can also block any sender or keyword in the text message.
Each custom filter you can set a different Alert for audible notification. You can select any MIDI, AMR or MP3 file to use as the SMS alert sound and optional picture ID. You can set the number of times to repeat up to 10 times or forever.
- Custom filter for individual text message
- Custom JPG picture ID for individual text message
- Filter and block unwanted text messages
- Privacy mode. Only show notification and not the text message when receving new message
- MIDI/AMR/WAV/MP3 SMS Ringtone for individual text message
- Alert manager to repeatedly alert you of new text message
- Full SMS text message application. Can set to replace the Messaging app
- Smiley support
- Quick text message
- Multiple Mail boxes: Inbox, Outbox, Sentbox, Junkbox
- Secure password protection when Launching SMSPager. Don't allow other people to read your text message
- Call sender
- Intuitive user interface
SMSPager is available here for $9.95.
Xtndr by bloo7 has been updated to version 1.5.
Xtndr is an extension for your Palm Treo smartphone. It features the innovative Launch Pad that now allows you to assign even more applications to the application buttons on your device than before. You hardly ever have to use the application launcher again! It also features a customizable info pop-up that can show you all kinds of information, including but not limited to the current time, the phone and bluetooth statuses, and the number of unread SMS and email messages. This handy info pop-up can also replace the system default Keyguard. But Xtndr doesnt stop there. In addition to all this it lets you customize the alternative character selection system that is provided when you press the Alt key.
We have tested Xtndr mostly on the Treo 680, but it should actually work on any Treo smartphone with at least Palm OS 5.4, i. e. the Treos 650, 700p and 755 should be compatible as well. If you have any issues with Xtndr on your device, please dont hesitate to contact us.
Xtndr is available here for $15.00.
Navigator by Deluxeware has been updated to v1.482.
Do you like to travel? Are you interesting in American geography? Do you frequently travel in the United States? Do you track your travel time and expenses? Then this program is for you! Unique navigation system for Palm OS devices! Number ONE for your Palm!
- Program database contains more then 30,000 cities and more then 42,000 zip codes
- Search for cities: - By zip codes;
- By title;
- In individual square coordinates.
- High Resolution and Hi-Res map
- Adjustable scale of the map
- Ergonomic interface
- Easy to use
- Coordinate grid with different formats
- Selectable units for the calculation of distance and formats of the coordinates
- Useful information for each individual city contained in database: - Current time in real time;
- ZIP codes;
- GMT displacement;
- Geographical coordinates (in decimal and in degrees formats).
- Capability of adding your own geographical reference points
- Capability of inserting destinations: - Add cities or arbitrary geographical points to your trip;
- Rearrange geographical points and cities within the trip;
- Calculate distance between cities and points within the trip;
- Calculate fuel expense in each leg of the trip;
- Calculate expense money in each leg of the trip;
- Calculate trip expense based on mode of transportation (plane, car or default transport)
- User-definable parameters for calculating expenses (distance, fuel consumption, fuel price)
- Low-res devices 160x160 (16 bpp color) support
- Palm / Sony Hi-res devices 320x320 (16bpp color) support
- Palm / Sony Hi-res devices 320x480 (16 bpp color)support
- VFS support ( SD, MMC, Memory Stick )
- Palm OS 4.x / 5.x devices support
- 5-way navigator support
Navigator is available here for $9.95.
Northglide has updated Cleanup to v4.01.
Your device and expansion card are most likely cluttered with unneeded chunks of data that just take up precious space, might slow it down and cause problems! - Cleanup is here to help.
Cleanup is a companion product to Uninstall Manager and part of the NeatFreak Pack, NeatFreak Pack Plus and NeatFreak Pack Ultimate bundles.
With features such as a growing Signature File that helps you to easily identify mysterious items, deep code full card search, complete backup and restore, Ignore List, Quick Clean, Spacemaker, expansion card files analyzer and much more. Cleanup makes it a breeze to safely get rid of leftovers, keeps your device running faster and will help you clear up some extra space!
Cleanup lets you do a few things:
- The main function of Cleanup is to clean your device and your expansion cards from unneeded chunks of data that just take up precious space, might slow it down and cause problems. Cleanup offers a variety of functions to help you locate and safely get rid of unneeded data. Cleanup is the best of its class to help you with deleting leftovers from long forgotten applications, hidden items saved by applications or just temporary items that have no place on your device.
By listing files on the expansion card without a matching parent application in the main memory, Cleanup also helps you locate files on the expansion card that you no longer need.
- Add files and preferences to a fast and automated cleaning mechanism called Quick Clean to make the job of deleting temporary and even private information much easier.
- If you want to try a new game or have to install a huge file to the main memory, Cleanup offers the Spacemaker function which simplifies the process of clearing up enough memory space to get the job done, then putting everything back to where it was before.
New in Cleanup v4.01
- FIX: Copying shortcut files and any other files with invalid characters to the card.
- CHANGE: Added a warning item to the Files tab.
You can get Cleanup here for $14.95.
Gx5 has just updated TreoWeather to v1.0.3. TreoWeather for Palm OS Treos is a simple weather browsing application that delivers great results. Whether you are a mobile professional or mobile accomplisher, TreoWeather is the must have weather app you need to give you the precise weather information in the most enjoyable manner.
- Superior Experience
- Optimized for your Treo
- NO recurring or subscription fees
With the latest update, TreoWeather now supports automatic weather updates. For more information on TreoWeather, you can read my review.
TreoWeather is available here for $9.95.
Destaller Pro by RoGame Software has been updated to version 2.9.3.
Destaller Pro is an application oriented uninstaller. Applications store many different files that often cause resets and the necessity to do a hard reset when not removed properly. Destaller removes this danger and headache. In addition Destaller allows you to maximize the memory of your device by allowing to safely remove single files, 'a68k' Files, saved and unsaved preferences and more.
If you ever had problems with an application and were told by tech support to gather specific information about your device plus a list of all installed applications and Hacks, you will greatly appreciate why Destaller Pro is an excellent tool for trouble-shooting problems. It can export or copy a list of all applications found in RAM and on memory cards, has an extra screen for important device information, and lets you delete an application's data files separately.
The application is distributed in two forms, a free lite
version and the full version. Destaller Pro is available here for $14.95.
NeatFreak Pack Update
Northglide has updated both the NeatFreak Pack and the NeatFreak Pack Ultimate to version 4.03.
NeatFreak Pack is The Ultimate Keep It Clean Solution for your Palm Powered Handheld. It is the most advanced tool for uninstallations and software monitoring.
When you but the NeatFreak Pack Ultimate you SAVE $25.85 if products are purchased separately.
Stay on top of your software installations: The NeatFreak Pack includes Cleanup, to clean your device from old leftovers, and Uninstall Manager to make sure it stays that way. SAVE 30% OFF the regular price if products are purchased separately.
- Take full control over software installations and already installed programs: With features such as the Sandbox mode, installation monitoring, "hidden files" creation-supervision, automatic expansion card "sweeping" and many, many more...You are fully protected against any shareware product you come across and decide to install to your device.
- With features such as a growing Signature File that helps you to easily identify mysterious items, deep code full card search, complete backup and restore, Ignore List, Quick Clean, Spacemaker, expansion card files analyzer and much more. Cleanup makes it a breeze to safely get rid of leftovers, keeps your device running faster and will help you clear up some extra space!
- Included in the NeatFreak Pack PLUS and ULTIMATE
No longer do you have to worry about scheduling or backup sets, you now have real-time backup for your important data! OnGuard Backup gives you the peace of mind that the backups you keep on the expansion card are up-to-the-minute current and quickly available to you if need be. OnGuard Backup integrates with Uninstall Manager to backup monitored and hidden items.
- Included in the NeatFreak Pack ULTIMATE
Quickly save and restore your device's critical files and settings. Automatically create multiple restore points before new software installations or use a special shortcut to create restore points from anywhere. Northglide Undo, together with Uninstall Manager, allows you to rollback any changes made to your device and get back to work in no time!
The NeatFreak Pack Ultimate is available here for $31.95 and the NeatFreak Pack is available here for $19.95.
Pretty Map Basic - Earth Atlas, Moon and Mars Maps
Pretty Map Basic by Maciej Komosinski has been updated to v3.10.
PrettyMap lets you view vector and raster maps and images (such as country boundaries, world cities, rivers, satellite photos), search in geographically-referenced data, visualize and analyze spatial information, download current weather reports and forecasts, extend your knowledge by taking an educational quiz, and edit your own simple maps.
- support for vector maps (points, lines, areas)
- support for raster maps (terrain elevation and bathymetry, images, symbolic)
- handles multi-attribute data associated with vector map objects
- displays maps of various planets
- displays current weather maps, detailed weather reports and forecasts (requires Internet connection)
- all maps are free: political - country boundaries with country names, capitals, population sizes; major cities with names, status, population ranks; comprehensive sets of data for each country, based on the current information from The World Factbook; USA states; major rivers; satellite photos and images; elevation data for Earth, Moon, Mars, lunar mountains, craters, seas, lakes, and many more!
- spherical projection
- relief and 3D elevation (DEM) view with vector map overlay
- shows day and night regions, computes shadow length and sun/north orientation
- various color schemes for elevation maps
- user-defined elevation colors
- zoom range from whole planet to meters
- multiple, configurable vector map layers
- data search for vector map databases
- versatile quiz with teacher mode for vector map databases
- bar charts and color-by option for numeric features in vector map databases
- distance measurement
- integrated user-defined locations (Points Of Interest) editor, stores notes and values for each POI
- sessions to quickly save/restore program state
- adjustable water level for elevation data
- numerous settings to customize the program
- "PrettyMap Full" license offers all features. In the "Basic" version, the quiz is limited to 20 questions, there is no spherical elevation relief view, no weather forecasts for customized locations, user locations editor is limited to 20 points per map, and the "containing" option in vector data search is inactive
- there is a simpler and cheaper application available: PrettyEarth
- users who purchased version 2.x can buy version 3.x for $10.
The minimum requirement is that you need to have 1 MB of memory free.
New in version 3.10:
- updated all "CitiesRanked" maps with new data
- added information on city elevation (in meters) for all cities in "CitiesRanked" maps
- "Time offset" setting is no longer saved/restored on restart. When PrettyMap/PrettyEarth starts, "time offset" is now based on your system preference setting, which automatically handles daylight saving changes
- other improvements
- users who purchased version 2.x can upgrade to version 3.x for $10
Check out all the great screenshots on the Pretty Map website.
Pretty Map Basic is available here for $24.95.
Megasoft2000 has just released a new app called WLink, which is a wireless manager that allows you to use all communication facilities of your device intended for file and data transfer.
WLink - Wireless Link, is a new communication control standard. It contains absolutely all operations with folders and files and has an enhanced preferences editor. WLink also has file management with File Transfer service (OBEX) usage via Bluetooth.
WLink is a powerful FTP-client and also a powerful CIFS-client (local networks) with Bluetooth/Wi-Fi/GPRS/EVDO transport usage.
- IrDA: File transfer (IR)
- LAN: Operation in local networks (Bluetooth/Wi-Fi/GPRS/EVDO)
- FTP: Operation with FTP servers (Bluetooth/Wi-Fi/GPRS/EVDO).
- File and folders operations
- Preferences editing
- OBEX connection
- File transfer
You can get WLink here for $19.95.
CrazyAlarms by Toysoft has been updated to v2.2. Crazy Alarms is a system wide alarm application that you can schedule alarms for MP3/OGG alarm sounds, launch application, LCD brightness, system lock, start Hotsync and do soft reset. In addition on the Treo® 600/650/700p/680/755 you can schedule to turn off and on Radio, Mute on and off system sound, call a phone number and send automated sms message.
With each alarm you can schedule to repeat any day of the week or the entire week.
- Schedule multiple Alarms
- Schedule MP3 alarms
- Schedule MIDI Alarms
- Repeat alarms for any day or the entire week
- Supports vibrate
- Support PocketTunes, Aeroplayer and VideoTones for MP3/WAV/OGG alarms
- Schedule soft reset
- Schedule LCD brightness
- Schedule Automated Hotsync
- Treo: Schedule to turn Off and On phone
- Treo: Schedule to Mute Off and On sound
- Treo: Schedule to call any phone number
- Treo: Schedule to send sms message
- Treo: Schedule to forward and un-forward phone
Version 2.2 Update
- Fixed the bug with same alarm for different times
- Added manual scanning the Calendar appoints. Use this feature if you have alot of appointments and do not like the "Please wait..." box. When you add new CrazyAlarms you will need to go to CrazyAlarms and
manually select Refresh Alarms
CrazyAlarms is available here for $6.99.
Unit Converter & Sci-Calculator
Unit Converter & Sci-Calculator by Srdan Suka has been updated to v2.11.
Unit Converter converts more than 3000 units organized in 95 categories and 40 subcategories and has more than 50000 conversions. User can manage category, subcategory and unit list, swap units, edit interface and change result output format.
- Converts more than 3000 unit factors in 95 categories and 40 subcategories.
- Chemical Elements - Periodic table
- Algebra Calculator
- Runs on all Palm OS based handhelds with OS 3.5 and higher.
- Made for Engineers, Scientists, Students and all others.
- Customize category, subcategory or unit factors to use.
- Multi-Unit Conversion.
- Customize your interface or change result ouput format.
- All math performed using 64 bit floating point numbers (double precision).
- Instantaneous calculations.
- Logical and intuitive interface.
- Free upgrades.
- FREE DESKTOP UNIT CONVERTER FOR REGISTERED USERS
You can get Unit Converter & Sci-Calculator here for $12.95.
LightWav 2 by Toysoft has been recently updated to LightWav 2.5.
LightWav is the only MP3/WAV/OGG ringtone and caller ID manager for the Treo 600/ 650/ 700p/755/ 680 that you will ever need. LightWav is packed with cool features such as MP3/WAV/OGG ringtones, full screen JPG callerID, GIF and Animated GIF and Live! video callerID, callerID blocking, Announce call with many different languages, ringtone volume boosting, do not disturb, call notes, Missed Call, powerful Simple Profile and many more features.
For advanced users you can block out any caller with caller ID, block SMS message, launch any application with SMS message filtering.
For advanced and professional users you can use the Call Completion feature to add call notes after each call to keep a history of the conversation with each caller. You can then export the call notes to the
Memopad application or to a text file on the external card for reports.
Use the Do Not Disturb feature when you are busy or away from your phone. The caller will receive a friendly SMS message or the caller is put into voice mail. LightWav supports sound files in RAM and has support for ringtone when the external card is ejected.
- Includes MP3/WAV/OGG player. No need for 3rd party audio player
- Repeat individual ringtone specifying duration in seconds to repeat
- Set song position to start playing as the ringtone
- Full screen JPG caller ID. Only possible with Lightwav
- GIF and GIF Animation as caller ID
- Live! video caller ID. Required Live from toysoft.ca site to record high resolution videos
- Classic and Picture Dial views
- Set custom MP3 ringtones for sms and voicemail notifications
- Assign custom wav/mp3/ogg ringtone to Contact and Categories
- CallerID and SMS blocking. Block unwanted callers and SMS
- North America area code. See where the caller is calling from
- Convert sound files from card to RAM.
- Do not disturb feature. Send friendly SMS message when you are busying or away from the phone or forward the call when DND is active.
- Block any caller or callers not in your Contact database
- VIP feature. Allow VIPs to call you regardless if Do Not Disturb is enabled
- Call notes. Add a journal for the caller. Export to MemoPad or file on the SD card
- Ringtone volume boosting. Ringtone not loud enough. No problem with Lightwav
- Option to always Send SMS to mobile number if exists. No matter it the caller called from Landline
- Announce incoming call. Many different languages
- Send friendly SMS message for missed calls
- Pager. Use Lightwav as a traditional pager for incoming SMS and Missed Calls
- Simple yet powerful Profile Manager. Take control of your Treo.
- Profile application to quickly set a temp profile
- Profile integration with Calendar/Agendus/Datebk6. Set temp profile in appointment
- MP3 Disconnect sound
- MP3 ringtone safe mode in case the external card becomes ejected
- 2Day integration. See all blocked and missed calls on 2Day screen
- Escalating mp3 ringtones
- Detailed incoming call log
LightWav 2.5 is available here for $24.95.
Softick Audio Gateway
Softick Audio Gateway by Softick has been updated to v1.14.
Softick Audio Gateway is the first audio streaming solution for Palm OS handhelds which allows to connect Palm OS handheld to the Bluetooth® stereo headphones and listen to digital audio played by any Palm OS applications including multimedia players, audio book readers, and games.
Softick Audio Gateway can operate with any Bluetooth audio device which supports Advanced Audio Distribution
Profile (A2DP) designed to transfer a high-quality stereo audio stream wirelessly.
Softick Audio Gateway captures digital audio from Palm OS audio subsystem and redirects it to the
Bluetooth A2DP device: stereo headphones, desktop PC, car audio or A2DP speakers.
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile support (A2DP)
- Audio/Video Remote Control Profile support (AVRCP)
- High quality stereo streaming, up to 304Kbps audio bitrate
- Wide-range players and audio software compatibility
- Easy setup and usage
- Support for Mono and Stereo sound stream
- Automatic upsampling/downsampling depending on blueooth headset capabilities
- Built-in audio post filter to improve low bitrate audio quality
Softick Audio Gateway 1.14 with Palm Treo 700P Sprint 1.10 update support released!
- Palm Treo 700P with Sprint 1.10 update is supported
- Palm Treo 755P call handles improved again
Softick Audio Gateway is available here for $19.95.
MobileWrite by Inkmark Software LLC has recently been updated to v3.7.1.
Using MobileWrite handwriting recognition software, it is easy to enter text and data, in to your favorite Palm OS applications, by simply writing on the screen of your handheld, instead of using the keyboard. MobileWrite gives you an option to use standard letters, Graffiti 1 or Graffiti 2 letters. Using the standard letters, capitals and lowercase letters can be written as you normally would on paper. With the ability to write words on the same screen as your application, letter writing or data entry can be done with less effort. You will be able to concentrate on your work, instead of the data entry. Supports French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Portuguese.
- Letters, numbers and other symbols can be written directly on the screen of the handheld or in the Graffiti area. Does not pop up a special window for writing, can be used instead of Graffiti or Graffiti 2.
- In addition to the standard characters, TAB, SPACE, BACK SPACE, RETURN and the ability to highlight and delete selected text is also available for editing longer text messages.
- Write one character at a time or an entire word across the screen.
- Shows alternate letters for quick corrections.
- MobileWrite does not need to be trained to recognize characters.
- No shifting is required for lowercase, and uppercase letters, or other symbols.
- Integrates seamlessly with other Palm OS applications requiring text entry.
You can get MobileWrite here for $24.95.
Yep, that's how it's spelled, if you're wondering. ;-) Su: 40Thieveses is a new release by inDev Software.
This solitaires pack includes 20 games from Solitaires Unlimited collection that have similarity with famous Forty Thieves solitaire. If you like playing solitaire with well thought-out strategy and in the end enjoying completion of a hard task - this collection is for you.
40Thieveses collection includes such games as: Adela, Ali Baba, Demons And Thieves, Eight by Eight, Eighty Thieves, Fortune's Favor, Forty Thieves, Interchange, Josephine, Little Forty, Little Napoleon, Lucas, Marie Rose, Napoleon's Square, Number Ten, Patience's Reward, Sixty Thieves, Squadron, Thieves of Egypt and Waxing Moon.
- Sharp and clear graphics
- Categorized solitaires list by playing time and complexity
- Editable favorites list
- Current game state saved on exit
- Unlimited undo
- Next move suggestion feature
- Detailed help for each game
- Play cards by dragging, tapping or using keyboard
- Timed game
- Card movement animation
- Adjustable card backs, game field color and other interface options
- Best times list for each solitaire
- Statistics for each solitaire
SU: 40Thieveses is available here for $9.95.
Advanced Statistical Tables for Palm
Agateminer Software has updated Advanced Statistical Tables for Palm to version 1.3.1.
Advanced Statistical Tables provides users with the opportunity to calculate PDF, CDF and inverse CDF for a variety of probability distributions directly on their Palm device, including normal (Gaussian), Student's t, F, chi-square, exponential, beta, gamma, Poisson, binomial, negative binomial, geometric and hypergeometric. What sets Advanced Statistical Tables apart from similar programs is its intuitive user interface and inverse CDF calculation which is being extensively used for hypothesis test. In addition to fast convenient and solid answers, a handy quick reference on parameter ranges and applications is also embedded for anyone doing statistical calculations. The range of possible applications of Advanced Statistical Tables is virtually unlimited, such as design of experiments, engineering statistics, financial analysis, biostatistics, clinical research, probability calculations for lotteries and gambling operations.
- PDF, CDF and inverse CDF calculations for 12 probability distributions;
- Embedded online help of parameter ranges and applications;
- Calculation history;
- Convenient popup digit keypad;
- Configurable decimal places for calculation results;
- Export calculation results to Memo Pad;
- Embedded Greek font, no need external font file;
- Remember Last distribution and calculation type (PDF, CDF or inverse CDF).
Advanced Statistical Tables for Palm is available here for $16.99.
Palm OS Software by Handcase
Handcase has released several games and some utilities for the Palm OS.
8 Faraos is one of the games. Inspired by two ancient games, in this game for Palm you have to place eight pharaohs in the board and define a strategy to attack your opponent (your Palm). It will be very difficult for winning, because your Palm will try to neutralize your pharaohs and you only have eight of them. You may take hours to days for winning.
You can check out all the Handcase software here.
Next Page: Windows Mobile >>