In this software roundup we've got some new apps like ToolboxToGo, Active Captain Mobile for Palm OS, and Face Contact. Plus there are some updated apps such as Bejeweled 2, Butler v4.71, ZoomBoard v2.0, and VITO AstroNavigator II.
Palm OS New:
ToolboxToGo for Palm OS v1.0
iambic has released a brand new collection of applications for the Palm OS called ToolboxToGo!
ToolboxToGo is our brand new title for recent Palm OS based handhelds and smartphones, geared towards anyone wishing to have the ability of changing multiple contacts, meetings, tasks and memos' data at once.
The application includes five tools allowing to adjust contacts' capitalization, align phone number formatting, delete data based on creation date, apply numerous changes to any of the contact, meeting and task related fields, and remove tags from the item's note. Each facility is designed for fine grained selection of the pim items to which the changes will be applied and presents a list of records falling in the search criteria prior to moving forward with the updates.
We deliberately named it ToolboxToGo because we see a lot of parallels between what were offering and the types of helpful items a handyman or mechanic might carry along in his toolbox. In our ToolboxToGo youll discover five uniquely-designed tools that you may find you can't live without:
Keeping contact names neatly organized and formatted while meeting people on the go can be hard. No worries. Just call on the Contact Doctor for help. The Contact Doctor can quickly perform multiple capitalization changes to the formatting of Contact-related fields.
If you like the Contact Doctor, youll love his associate, the Number Doctor. This tool allows you to make multiple changes to the display format of phone numbers for your Contacts. No more worrying about having to go back and make sure the numbers look consistent (dashes, parentheses, etc.). The Number Doctor has you covered.
Wish the purging feature provided in your Calendar or Task application had something more? We know the feeling, so thats why we created Date Sweeper. Don't purge. Sweep!
Our Date Sweeper makes it easy to make bulk deletions. This handy tool not only saves time, but it also helps freeing up your devices memory since it will no longer be cluttered with useless data.
How can a task thats so easy to do on a desktop be such a challenge on a mobile device? Weve been wondering the same thing, and thats how Heavy Lifter came about.
It can be used to perform multiple changes to various fields and/or properties of your Calendar, Contact, Task and Memo entries.
Now you have a swift way to reclaim the Notes area of your Meetings, Tasks, Contacts and Memos. By using the handy Note Tag Cleaner, the tags (text created and referenced by Agendus) can be removed with one clean sweep.
Note: Removing a tag will unassign the item to the Meeting, Task, Contact or Memo (i.e. removing an icon tag will set the icon field for that item to 'None.').
If you frequently utilize Agendus extras such as icons, alarms, photos, etc., this is the perfect tool to have for performing mass unassigning.
This sounds like a very handy and complete package for the Palm OS!
Get it here for $9.95.
Active Captain Mobile for Palm OS
Active Captain Mobile for Palm OS, by ActiveCaptain, became available on March 12th. ActiveCaptain Mobile combines free access to thousands of NOAA charts and powerful navigation tools with a wealth of information from the ActiveCaptain website. Access to over 30,000 ActiveCaptain points of interest markers displayed on actual NOAA charts available in the palm of your hand.
With the addition of a data plan for the mobile phone, ActiveCaptain Mobile provides access to the ActiveCaptain website, an online visual marine
database designed around cruisers sharing knowledge with other cruisers. The website has over 6,000 registered users and over 30,000 marinas, boatyards, anchorages, and local knowledge markers. Download markers and they are displayed directly on the NOAA chart providing a living electronic guidebook.
Add a GPS and ActiveCaptain Mobile becomes a powerful, portable chartplotter which can track your location, offering a backup to onboard navigation systems, a portable navigation solution for the dinghy or onshore use, or simply a secondary navigation option for a different view.
ActiveCaptain Mobile is being released on the Palm OS platform today. A Windows Mobile version is nearing completion and an Apple iPhone version will follow later in the year.
According to Jeffrey Siegel, co-founder of ActiveCaptain, "The new Centro is the perfect mobile device for today's cruiser. The Centro will allow you to access email and do light Internet web browsing - things like NOAA weather, Google searching, and tide information. It accepts high capacity memory cards to add gigabytes of memory if needed. Its bright, clear screen
displays the NOAA charts beautifully. And with several cell providers
offering a Centro for free with a data plan, the price is right."
The Going Mobile section of the ActiveCaptain website offers a free trial demo, video tutorials, and access to the online reference manual.
ActiveCaptain Mobile is available here for $49.95.
Easter SameGame v1.0
AFKSoft has released a very special version of its SameGame just for Easter! - and at an extremely Low Price.
SameGame is a highly addictive puzzle strategy game. The goal is to remove all eggs from the field. This is done by clicking on an egg, however it must touch at least one other egg of the same color. The more eggs of the same color touch, the more points you get. Also, there are bonus points for clearing a screen.
- Special Easter holiday graphics
- Classic and Endless game modes
- Option to choose difficulty/number of initial colors
- Track 10 highest scores with board number and date
- Track recent average, lowest, highest scores & games played
- Play with or without sound effects
- Play with or without scoring hints
- Various different gem graphics
- Battery level gauge
- Restart current game
- Undo last move
- Various different egg graphics
- 5-way navigator support
Delight your kids or the kid in you with this special Easter graphics version of SameGame!
Get it here for just $12.95.
LSL Cantina Games v1.0
Do you like playing Dominoes? Do you like playing Dice games, or have you ever play Cubilete? Then try playing this classic games on LSL Cantina Games by Lakshmi Solutions LLC.
- Play LSL Dominoes in your mobile device by yourself or with 3 more players. LSL Dominoes allows you to play up to 4 players per game, either real human players or computer-simulated players (John, Dave, Tony and/or Jean). Configure the game according to your preferences by selecting the players of each game, enabling players commentaries, selecting the set of dominoes to use (black or white), the board or screen size (Normal, Normal with Text, or Large size), the colors of the game board and background. Analyze the game and your opponents by getting statistics at each play of the game (dominoes at the graveyard, dominoes left per player and number of points), and by using the game log. Play multiple games and keep track of the score by looking at the number of wins per player, and by looking at points based on a greater number or lower number counts. Note: In this version, points are scored only at the end of each hand. Also this version does not support all styles of play (i.e. Cuban, American, or other several world variations), however as simple as it is, the game is still very fun to play. To guide the user, the Game contains Help features instructing the novice player on the Basic Rules of the Game, how to configure players, the game, and how to understand the statistics.
- The LSL Cubilete will allow you play the Standard Cubilete game against 3 other players on the table following the classic rules. Each player takes its turn to roll (configurable up to 3 rolls), setting aside any dice they want for their final hand. The player with the highest 5 of a kind hand wins (Aces are wild cards). A number of rounds are played and the winner of a game is the first to score the define total points (or patas). Also you can play Poker Dice using Cubilete. Similar to the standard Cubilete game, each player will takes its turn to roll setting aside any dice they want for their final hand. At the end of the round, the player with the best hand wins. You can configure the game by selecting the number of throws per round, the total points or patas to win, the players at the table, player comments (on/off), style of dices to use, and the colors of the display options. The Game contains Help features instructing the novice player on the Basic Rules of the Game, how to select the players, and how to configure the game.
- Do not waste your time and start playing the games in LSL Cantina Games by Lakshmi Solutions LLC. Also look for our version of the classic games like LSL Poker, LSL Blackjack or the ultimate LSL Games Pack.
Get it here for just $9.95.
Palm OS Updated:
Bejeweled 2 v1.30
Astraware(R) and PopCap Games(R) are very excited to announce a major update to PopCap's best-selling, flagship game, Bejeweled(R) 2.
Bejeweled 2 is the award-winning sequel to the best-selling puzzle game, Bejeweled. This stunning color-matching game is more wildly addictive than ever before! Bejeweled 2 takes the classic game of gem-swapping to euphoric new heights.
Players must match the colored jewels in lines of three horizontally or vertically to clear them from the board. Lines of four jewels are awarded with a Power Gem whilst lines of five award the much sought-after Hyper Cube. Both special jewels trigger their own unique jewel-clearing devices.
Bejeweled 2 features all new graphics, stunning background images, in game transitions and cutting-edge special effects. The game has four standard play modes; classic, action, endless and the all-new puzzle mode and five special bonus modes are unlocked as players progress through the various standard modes, adding extra challenges and even more gameplay.
In version 1.30, Bejeweled 2 adds much-requested support for 240x240 square screen Windows Mobile devices such as Palm Treo smartphones and includes support for 320x320 Windows Mobile Professional and Classic devices such as Samsung's SGH-i780 smartphone.
This update also sees the very first release on Windows Mobile Standard devices. Bejeweled 2, version 1.30, supports 240x320 and 320x240 resolution non-touchscreen devices including the HTC S710, HTC StrTrk, Samsung Blackjack & Blackjack II, and Motorola Q and Q9.
The game has been brought fully up-to-date on Astraware's current games framework and controls have been optimized for play with either 5-way or stylus. Bejeweled 2 is recognised by both public and media as the must-have puzzle game for your Palm OS or Windows Mobile device, and this update supports an even wider range of devices than ever before!
- Screensaver mode featuring the stunning backgrounds or game demo modes
- Explosive new pieces: Power Gems, Hyper Cubes and Time Bombs
- Stunning special effects
- Awe-inspiring planetary backdrops
- Four ways to play: Classic, Action, Puzzle and Endless
- Five secret game play modes to unlock
- Explore a galaxy of hand-crafted brain-teasers in Puzzle mode
- Play for eternity and collect jewellery in relaxing Endless mode
- Enhanced sound effects and epic soundtrack
- Please Note: This major update adds and improves support for many new devices! Registered users updating to version 1.30 from previous versions may need to re-enter their registration code and will lose their progress and saved games.
Grab this gem here for $19.95.
Hobbyist Software has released version 4.71 of its Butler, the essential tool for your Treo!
A New version of Butler is out putting the new unlock slider into the release version along with a handful of fixes.
Inspired by the ever-so-pretty iPhone, slide the button to the right to unlock!
Butler - is the assistant who thinks of everything. Alarms, Attention Grabber, Navigation, Launching, LED, Keyguard and Much More.
Fantastic Value: Butler contains 8 sets of utilities yet costs less than most single applications.
The author gives a 100% Guarantee: "If for any reason you don't think Butler is fantastic - I will give you a 100% refund.", so, what do you have to lose?
- Alarms - 6 MP3 alarms to wake you up in the morning with your favourite tune
- Alerts - Nags you like a pager to make sure you don't miss anything
- Security - Remote lock allows you to lock or delete your confidential data by SMS if your Treo is stolen
- Navigation - Launch apps or calls from anywhere by holding down a key
- LED - Turn it off at night! Make it show you when you have voicemail.
- Keyguard - That shows you the time and doesn't block the screen!
- Volume Keys- To scroll the page, or switch through your last opened applications.
- Buttons - Assign applications to all your buttons, and option buttons. Use the all-in-one phone key to free an extra button.
- Speedy Keys - Speed up your keys to zoot round your treo.
- Power control - Extend your auto-off time, stay on when charging.
- And More...
Sounds sweet. I really like the idea of the unlock slider. Get it here for $14.95.
Pro Pack v2.2
RoGame Software has updated their bestselling apps and released them as a bundle in Pro Pack version 2.2!
BackUp Pro can protect your data by keeping an up-to-date copy of everything on a memory card (SD, MMC). It does this in a very efficient manner and is extremely fast. To give you complete peace-of-mind it also allows for unattended automatic backups at a pre-determined time of the day.
- great interface
- unattended backups
- automatic backup after HotSync
- removal of orphaned files
- selective restore
- exclusion of files for backup
- elaborate file view of backup directory and files in RAM
- quick toolbar access
- as always a year of free upgrades
- and much more ...
Destaller Pro is an application oriented uninstaller. Applications store many- different files that often cause resets and the necessity to do a hard reset when not removed properly. Destaller removes this danger and headache. In addition Destaller allows you to maximize the memory of your device by allowing to safely remove single files, 'a68k' Files, saved and unsaved preferences and more.
If you ever had problem with an application and were told by tech support to gather specific information about your device plus a list of all installed applications and Hacks, you will greatly appreciate why Destaller Pro is an excellent tool for trouble-shooting problems. It can export or copy a list of all applications found in RAM and on memory cards, has an extra screen for important device information, and lets you delete an application's data files separately.
- Free Lite version
- Maximizes RAM
- Application centric
- Easy to use
- File grouping
- 8 sorting parameters
- Enhanced for Palm OS 5
- Safely removes applications from RAM or memory cards
- Safely removes individual data files, like eReader books, mp3s, etc.
- Safely removes saved and unsaved preferences
- Safely removes a68k files
- Exports and copies list of applications
- Allows save removal of erroneously installed AppSlipRotate and StatusBarLib prcs on T5s
- Device Info screen
- Full DIA support (320 X 480 Portrait and Landscape modes)
- Extended online help
Get the bundle here for $26.95 and save almost $4 vs buying them separately.
GoTreo Software has updated its SafeGuard to version 2.04.
Does your Treo/Centro crash randomly? Do you want to know why your Treo/Centro crashes?
Do you want to know what application is causing your beloved smartphone to reset?
SafeGuard is the answer! SafeGuard's advanced Crash Detection Technology (CDT) will help identify the reason for crashes on your Treo/Centro like no other applicaiton has ever done! It also knows how to recover your Treo/Centro from the dreaded Reset Loop of Death that comes from installing misbeahving 3rd party applications.
- Stops the Reset Loop of Death senario
- Identifies crashes that are caused by applications running in the background
- Crash Knowledge Management Engine automatically prioritizes applications that cause crashes
- Isolates troublesome background applications
- Quarantine feature that temorarily stops applications from running so problems can be isolated
- Displays all 3rd party applications that are installed in the main memory of your device
- Displays all 3rd party applications that run in the background of your device
- Displays the installation times for all 3rd party applications installed on your device
- Displays the events that cause each background application to run
- Allows for the sending of all SafeGuard data to remote support organizations via the internet for remote diagnostics
- Maintains a complete history of all device crashes
- Maintains a complete history of all device resets
- Maintains a history of the application usage on your device
- Helps keep your SD Card available for applications to use
If you've ever experienced the dreaded "Reset loop of death", then you know why this program was developed!!
Changes in Version 2.04:
CHANGED: Speed improvements when Palm Crash Monitor is enabled
FIXED: All applications now show the correct "running" status in the Active Apps screen
ADDED: An uninstall utility will now completely remove SafeGuard if you are trying to remove the application
ADDED: A backup manager has been added to backup all important SafeGuard files so in the even of a hard reset, SafeGuard knows how to restore itself.
ADDED: A new reset loop condition was discovered and this condition is now known by SafeGuard
Get SafeGuard here for $19.95 and take back control of your device!
Next Page: WM Treo Software >>