Welcome to this week's edition of Treo Software Roundup! Let's get started with some new programs for the Palm OS Treo...
New Palm OS
Fat Flush Programs Hi Res v1.0
In this day and age of over-weight and unhealthy people, it's good to find a program/utility that can, if followed, help us (me included) to lose some of that spare baggage and bring our bodies to a more healthy state. Fat Flush, by Mobifusion Inc., looks to be just such a program.
Reshape your body while detoxifying your system! Fat Flush Programs adapted from the bestselling The Fat Flush Plan by hottest diet contender Ann Louise Gittleman is now on your mobiles. Experience accelerated weight loss and weight control while managing hormones and bringing out your most radiant looks! It uncovers and corrects the five hidden factors that sabotage weight loss and vitality: liver health, food sensitivities and resulting waterlogged tissues, fear of eating fat, excess insulin/excess inflammation and stress. Fat Flush Programs addresses these problems with a targeted diet.
- As Easy as 1-2-3
- Three Phases
- Power of Exercise
- The Art of Slumber
- Phase 1: Two-Weeks
- Daily Protocol Diet
- Two-Week Fat Flush Menu
- Week - 1
- Week - 2
- Phase 2: Ongoing Fat Flush
- The Ongoing Fat Flush
- Basic Ideas - Breakfast
- Basic Ideas - Lunch
- And Besides the Daily Diet
- Daily Protocol
- Oil & Lean Protein
- Eggs & Vegetables
- Friendly Carbohydrates
- Fruits & Water
- Long Life Cocktail & Sweeteners
- Herbs & Spices & Legal Cheat
- Phase 3: The Lifestyle Plan
- The Lifestyle Eating Plan
- Food Combinations
- Lifestyle Eating Protocol
- Week 1
- Week 2
- The diet emphasizes essential oils, protein, vegetables, thermogenic spices, water, and diuretic beverages. In its first two-week phase, the plan is a rigid, low calorie, low-carb diet. Phase two lets you increase your calories and add two "friendly carbs." Phase three, the "lifestyle program," moderately adds more dairy, carbs, and calories. Gittleman also promotes walking and recommends strength training.
- Fat Flush Programs is a very helpful resource to lose weight, cleanse body, and lead healthier lives by eating foods that flush away fat while building vitality and strength. It is filled with nutritional analysis and detailed explanations.
Get it here for $9.95.
The Low Res version is also available here for $9.95.
mVisualVoiceMail, by MotionApps, will boost the way you are working with your voicemails if you receive them as audio file attachments on your e-mail.Instead of fumbling through the inbox looking for the voicemails one by one, guessing who they may be from and trying to play them without guaranteed success, use mVisualVoiceMail not only to see them all in one convenient place, but to instantly know who they are from and choose which one you wish to hear first. Then push a button to listen to message, to call back sender, to send an e-mail, or to do anything else you feel you should be able to do with your voicemail in the first place.
How does it work?
If you configure mVisualVoiceMail to use POP3 e-mail account, it will filter and download all the voicemail messages you receive on your smartphone as e-mail attachments from your VoIP provider or company PBX and display them in a single list enabling you to select the exact message you want to listen to. Your voicemails will be displayed in an easy to manage list, with all the relevant details about the message: caller name, phone number, date and time the message arrived.
Listening to voice mails using default e-mail clients
If you wish to use any other e-mail application that supports attachments, such as VersaMail, you can use the benefits of mVisualVoiceMail advanced audio player features to listen to your voice messages.
In this case, you will be able to play voice mail messages from any e-mail application that supports attachments.
mVisualVoiceMail includes an industry leading audio player specialized for playing voicemails in a number of industry standard formats. It is a unique player designed with voicemail in mind, capable of decoding audio data generated by commonly used PBXes such as those from Avaya, Cisco or Nortel in G.729, GSM 6.10, G.711 and many other formats that cannot be natively reproduced with Windows Media Player or other audio apps.
- Toggle between brief or detailed views of voicemail list and see your messages before you select the ones you wish to hear
- Integration with POP3 email server for downloading and listening voicemails
- Playing voice mail messages from any application that supports attachments
- mVisualVoiceMail is a unique solution in the market, capable of reproducing most industry standard audio formats, straight from your inbox
- Advanced audio player for listening to voicemail messages that cannot be played with default media player
- Simple, yet powerful playback controls. Jump forward or rewind the voicemail, toggle playback speed, pause playback and more by a simple flick of a finger, keyboard or stylus
- As it is integrated with your address book, mVisualVoiceMail enables you to reply to received messages by calling any of the numbers you have stored in your address book, or even to reply with a new e-mail message
- Redirect sound output to main speaker, radio speaker or headphones
- Permanently store important messages on SD card
- Optimized for Palm OS devices
Get it here for $24.99.
Arcade From Hell v1.0
Ok, let me first off say "I love the name of this game!" hehe
Mobifusion Inc. has released Arcade From Hell, a collection of popular games that have had millions of fans across the world.
Superb animation, fun graphics and addictive gameplay make this collection a must-have for your mobile device. The collection includes options to play in different game modes, including bonus item modes and enemy scoring modes. A devilish twist has been added to each of the eight games included in the package - be prepared to encounter unexpected surprises!
One day you awaken to find yourself in a dark and hot prison cell, where your body has been split into two parts! Your mind has been transformed into a small but quick and hard ball, while your body has changed into an unbreakable platform which can bounce the ball around at will. Strategically use your two parts to defeat the demonic guardians and break free from the hellish prison where you have been trapped!
An intergalactic order of evil aliens has started attacking your home planet, but where are they coming from? As captain of an interstellar spaceship squadron you have been sent on a reconnaissance mission to find and confront the enemy. But watch out! Your ships have run into a thick protective ring of asteroids patrolled by the alien UFOs. Blast your way through the space rocks and alien ships to find their home base, before it's too late.
After eating a jinxed fruit you are afflicted with a strange illness that causes you to become the Beastman. Due to your ferocious appearance you flee from your home and family, in search of the cause of your transformation. Find your way through the maze-like streets by following the yellow clue balls, but watch out for the Grim Reapers that want to take your lifesource. Roar!
As a mild-mannered manager you have squandered all your wealth in the stock market. After climbing out on a window ledge, the Devil appears and makes a deal with you to become rich again. But it's a trick! You are transformed into the legendary Hell Runner and flung to the bottom reaches of Hell, where it is now your task to collect all the gold and not get caught by the demon sentinels. Keep climbing higher and higher and you might just make it back out!
Evil alien demon bugs are invading your beautiful planet. You are sent with a squadron of rocketships to stop the invasion. Blast the waves of enemy bugs before they destroy all that you know and love!
Put on your miner's helmet and start digging for diamonds. But look out, the demon sentinels (called hobbins) don't like you stealing their underground treasures!
Hell has frozen over and a vast mechanized army is spilling out of the ground. Heavily armored divisions have smashed apart the national defense on all fronts, and now theyre headed for the cities. As captain of the one surviving defense tank, you must stop the vanguard at all costs!
Red Cross helicopters and provision trucks are going missing along the Congo River, and their desperate and panicky calls for help have been coming over the radio frequency. As commander of a squadron of modern fighter jets, you are called upon to detect and neutralize the unseen terrorists.
Eight different games in one collection
High quality animations and graphics
Various game modes
Many bonuses, enemies and surprises
Add your record scores to the hall of fame
Yes, that's EIGHT games for only $16.95 - get it here.
SPIDER SOLITAIRE v2.0
Paragon Software (SHDD) - Penreader introduces Spider Solitaire 2.
Spider Solitaire Palm game provides advanced features and offers new unique possibilities for everyone who is keen on solitaires.
Spider Solitaire is one of 250 solitaire games presented in Can't Stop Solitaires Collection, so if you need a specific game, you can purchase our single solitaire games. Klondike, Freecell, Canfield and Pyramid solitaires are also available in single version.
More than 100,000 of Palm users all over the world have already played our solitaire collections, which are top-rated in the world most famous best-selling lists.
After proceeding on-line order via Internet secure connection you will get registration code within 3-5 minutes, which turns your demo-version to the full one.
- Detailed instruction, rules and visual demonstration for Spider Solitaire
- A variety of cards backs and backgrounds
- Alternative add-on appearance themes, each including some card backs and backgrounds
- Hints on available moves in the case of complicated game situations
- Bookmarks on a card layout
- Different user profiles can be created to save personal settings and score
Get it here for only $3.65.
Note: Spider Solitaire is just one of 250 solitaire games available in the Can't Stop Solitaires Collection. A few of the other solitaire games you can individually purchase are:
All of them are the same $3.65 each, not bad!
Updated Palm OS
Power Hero V1.18
Hobbyists Software has updated its Power Hero to version 1.18.
Power Hero helps you to get the best out of your Battery!
100% Guarantee: If for any reason you don't like Power Hero- the author will give you a 100% refund.
Console -Instantly see and control the main power drains on your Treo
Schedule - Set your Treo's functions to be on only when you need them
Save - Automatically turn off power draining features after you have finished using them
Auto Bluetooth - turn your Bluetooth on automatically when your call arrives!
Shortcuts - use the free shortcut applications to control features from your launcher
- Instantly see the status of the power-using features of your device.
- Instantly turn features on and off (like Bluetooth, Network, Phone, Infrared)
- Easily schedule when features should turn themselves on and off.
- Power Hero has a very flexible scheduling system which is also remarkably easy to use.
- You can control all the power-draining features on your Treo and set up schedules as simple or as complex as you like.
- Turn features off when you are done with them...
- It is as if Power Hero turns the light off for you when you leave the room!
- When you use the internet, the application will automatically make a network connection. Normally that connection would be left on indefinitely. Power Hero lets you turn it off automatically a few minutes after you turn off your Treo.
- A series of free 'Shortcut Applications' are available for you to easily control the power-using features on your Treo directly from your launcher.
New in version 1.18
- 30/Jan/2008 Added experimental feature to detect fast drain condition on the 680 (aka "Glen Phenomenon"). See Power Saver -> Misc tab.
- 30/Jan/2008 Reintroducing "Don't turn off BT if paired" feature. I believe its prior problems were due to stack overflow. See Power Saver -> Misc tab.
- 30/Jan/2008 Log file now sends as text file instead of pdb.
- 30/Jan/2008 Log file can be exported to Memo.
- 30/Jan/2008 Usage info form now has time and battery % in title bar.
- 30/Jan/2008 More improvements to reduce stack usage.
- 30/Jan/2008 Plugin shows nag message.
- 06/Feb/2008 Temporarily hiding fast drain detect option (applied to 680 only). Will add back in when more info collected on the GP.
- 06/Feb/2008 Added "Log drain rate every 5 minutes" option to Power Saver -> Misc tab. Send me your log if you experience the GP!
- 06/Feb/2008 Log improvements; doubled entries to 1000, limits Export to Memo to 30K characters, newest entries at top instead of bottom when exported, mAH value is now part of log entry.
- 06/Feb/2008 More improvements to reduce stack usage.
- 06/Feb/2008 Removed "Don't turn off BT if paired" warning.
- 31/Mar/08 Power Hero 1.18 released
I haven't tried Power Hero YET, but it really sounds like an awesome program!
Get it here for $14.95.
Photos HQ v1.08
There are moments in life that we'd like to capture forever. In those moments, we may snap a photo on our mobile phone to share with friends. Unfortunately, what we often get is a small blurry picture overly compressed by a destructive JPEG algorithm.
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to record pictures without loss of details?
Well, you can do just that with Photos HQ by treoware - which, by the way, has just been updated to version 1.08!
Photos HQ enhances the capture capabilities of devices with an VGA (640x480) camera and increases the resolution to 960x720 pixels by combining two consecutive images.
In order to limit the loss of information, Photos HQ can record pictures as a lossless BMP file. With the optional pnoJpegLib, it can generate compressed pictures of a higher quality level than the standard JPEG algorithm.
Additionally, Photos HQ brings new features such as an improved digital zoom, a 10 seconds self-timer, and a picture-in-picture thumbnail showing the preceding photograph.
- increased resolution to 960x720 pixels on devices with an 640x480 camera
- limited loss of information: lossless BMP file, optional pnoJpegLib
- improved digital zoom
- exposure compensation
- 10 seconds self-timer
- surveillance camera
- picture-in-picture thumbnail
Updates in Photos HQ 1.0.8
- Improvement: SXGA (e.g., Centro) capture optimization
- Corrected issue: PalmPhotoLib improper file naming
- Corrected issue: initial side button assignment
Updated in v1.0.6
- Minor change: Centro GSM definition added
Fellow writer, Jay Gross, just recently reviewed Photos HQ version 1.04. You can read his review here.
Get Photos HQ here for ONLY $3.95 - yes, $3.95.
TreoWeather for Palm OS Treos, by Gx5, is a simple weather browsing application that delivers great results and has been updated to verion 220.127.116.11. Whether you are a mobile professional or mobile accomplisher, TreoWeather is the must have weather app you need to give you the precise weather information in the most enjoyable manner.
Feel good getting your weather with our rich interface that delivers vibrant weather and allows you to customize the look and feel.
Add up to 8 cities - From Melbourne to Los Angeles and anywhere in between and get the weather for the city of your choice!
- Superior Experience
- Optimized for your Treo
- NO recurring or subscription fees
Get it here for $9.95.
DVD Catalyst 3 v3.4
DVD Catalyst 3, by DVD Catalyst, has been updated to version 3.4. DVD Catalyst converts DVDs and movies quickly and easily into a format that can be played on a portable device (Apple iPod, Apple iPhone, Sony PSP, Creative Zen, Smartphone, PocketPC and more). It offers a multitude of different video types it can create, allowing it to even create video files for non-listed or brand-new devices.
That's a LOT of features!!
- One application supports all devices. No need to purchase an iPod video converter, a pocketpc video converter and a psp video converter, DVD Catalyst 3 does them all.
- Unrestricted trial. 7 days of full access to DVD Catalyst. No 5 minute test conversions, the files you create with the trial version are 100% identical to the full version. After the trial expires, just install the purchased version and continue where you left off
- Automatic black bar (letterbox) removal. For all conversions, DVD Catalyst 3 can remove black bars. It doesn't matter what kind of screen your device has, movies will always look full screen.
- Unique 1-click interface. While a WIZARD-like program is helpfull for the first 2 conversions, clicking through each option every time you convert a DVD gets anoying after a few conversions. DVD Catalyst 3 is uniquely designed to convert movies with as little clicks as possible. All your settings can be remembered, and after one conversion, you never have to play with the settings again. You can even set it up to start a conversion automatically whenever a new DVD or video file is found.
- Supported devices. Includes an ever expanding list of conversion profiles for all the popular devices on the market, including Pocket PC, Smartphone, XBOX 360, Playstation3, PSP, iPod Nano, iPod Classic, iPod Touch, iPhone, AppleTV, Archos, Zen. If your device is not listed, just email us the specifications of your device, and we'll do what we can to make it work. There is no need to purchase the same program for other devices.
- Multi-Device queue. DVD Catalyst 3 is the ONLY application on the market that allows you to queue up as many devices as you want for conversions. If you have a variety of devices and you want to watch movies on all of them, DVD Catalyst is your best choice. Queue up your iPhone, the Wife/Daughters Nano and your son's PSP in DVD Catalyst 3, pop in a DVD and click 'Go'.
- Converts from DVDs, ISOs and Video files. Whatever format your video content is in, DVD Catalyst supports it. Convert from AVC, H264, MP4, DIVX, XVID, WMV, 3GP, MPEG, AVI, MPEG4, TiVo, DVR-MS (SD), TS, FLV, ISO, MDF and more.
- Converts to all common video formats. Whatever video format you need your files in, DVD Catalyst 3 offers more output options than anything else. Convert to AVC, H264, MP4, DIVX, XVID, WMV, 3GP, MPEG, AVI, MPEG, MPEG4, FLV and more.
- Automatic batching. Multiple DVD drives, video files, video folders are all automatically queued up for conversion. You can even have DVD Catalyst 3 monitor your Video Recording folders (from MediaCenter, TiVo desktop etc) to check for new files whenever they are available.
- Automatic (0 Click) conversion. You can have DVD Catalyst automatically start a conversion when a DVD is inserted; a new video file is added to your folders. All of the options in DVD Catalyst 3 can be set for automatic mode, including cropping and language/subtitle selections. You can have it run automatically when your computer starts up, so you never have to see the program again. Install it on a Home Theatre PC (HTPC) and when it's done with a DVD, it will be ejected without ever having to click a button.
- Can handle more DVDs than before. No need for additional software (AnyDVD is not needed)
- Complete freedom. While the default settings in DVD Catalyst 3 provide a good quality video file, you can (if you want) change every aspect of the conversion to your needs. One Pass/Two-Pass, Framerate, Screensize, Volume, Birghtness, Contrast and more, are all adjustable and changes will be remembered the next time you run DVD Catalyst 3
- 80 page PDF manual. While you do not need to read the manual to be able to use DVD Catalyst 3, all of its features are explained in detail. It includes documentation on various aspects of getting video content on a portable device, as well as example scenarios on how to set it up forcertain tasks.
- Support. All DVD Catalyst users who had questions for us are impressed by the way we provide support. We always answer within a day, and mostly even within a few hours. We do not pile up support quests, and we actually do what we can to help. On our website we provide a support forum as well as email support for assisting our users with whatever issue they might have.
Get it here for $24.95.
Next Page: WM Software >>