This week we've got Weather by Deluxeware, which has just come out of beta and is now a subscription service. We also look at an update to Softick Audio Gateway and TripTracker for Windows Mobile Pocket PC. Let's round 'em up and get started...
Palm OS New:
Weather ( 3-months subscription ) v1.00
With Weather, by DeluxeWare, you can make your own weather station at Palm now! Current condition for the entire world (and for specific regions) updates every 15 minutes. Forecast information updates every 6 hours. Before making travel plans for a hotel or flight, it can be useful to check the weather for where you want to go. The auto update mode helps to keep the weather data timely. "Weather-guard" will improve Palm's standard KeyGuard and give the access to the current condition or 7-day forecast in an easy way.
- Fun images (clouds, sun, rain, snow) and indications of the general status
- Custom backgrounds with JPEG-support(non-progressive)
- High and low day temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Wind direction and speed in mph, km/h
- Dew point, Visibility, Humidity
- Current local time for cities
- The sun's ultraviolet intensity level (UV index)
- Integrated weather to the Keyguard
- Keyguard's weather supports all Palm devices
- Hi-res devices Portrait and Landscape modes
- Current forecast automatic update
- Date/Time format settings
- Real feel temperature
- 5-way navigator
- Easy to use
- 7 days forecast
- Detailed view for each day of forecast
- 48-hours forecast
- 14 days forecast
- Skins for "Weather-guard"
- "Advanced scheduler" for auto-update
- Proxy-server settings
- Update all cities weather per session
- Photobank of exclusive backgrounds at "Web folder"
- Customized Hot-Keys feature
- Background images do navigation by folders
- Download backgrounds from "Web folder"
- Category "Best" for mostly downloaded backgrounds from "Web folder"
I recently reviewed Weather Beta 0.54 by DeluxeWare and found it to be a very user-friendly, solid, beautiful program! Don't let the small subscription fee stop you from enjoying this great program. The exclusive backgrounds in the 'web folder' are awesome!
Get a 3-month subscription here for just $4.95!
In addition to the 3-month subscription, you can also get a 1-year subscription for $14.95 or an Infinity subscription for $19.95! Check it out today!
AFK Dice Challenge v1.0
AFKSoft has just released AFK Dice Challenge.
Dice Challenge is a fun dice game that can be played solo, with your friends or against your Palm. As in other dice rolling games, the objective is to get the highest overall score. The game is similar to 'The Yacht Game' also known as Yahtzee or Kniffel.
- Play against your palm
- Online high scores
- Single, Double and Triple column games
- High Scores for each game type
- Up to 4 players, human or computer
- Scoring hints
- 12 built-in color schemes
- Auto save - if you exit the game you can resume it next time
- Treo and Centro keyboard / 5-way navigator support
I enjoy dice games and this sounds pretty good. Nice that it has the auto save feature anb the 5-way nav support for Treo and Centro too.
Check it out here for $12.95.
MxWallet - Digital Password Manager for Palm OS Treo, Tunsgten & Centro v1.0.1
Carry all your vital information with MxWallet - Digital Password Manager for Palm OS Treo, Tunsgten & Centro, - a Secure, Safe, Convenient & Powerful personal information management solution by 3GR Technologies. Store passwords, PINs, bank account, credit cards, email usernames, group IDs, membership IDs & any other important information.
Now available in Spanish, Italian, French & German!
- Storing & accessing all of your important information is now a easy task.
- Information stored in Strongly Encrypted, Non-Beamable (Default) format which keeps the data private & protected.
- Customized Search through the records based on categories, starting characters or complete words - case sensitive
- Copy the URLs to the browser, Copy the usernames/passwords to login screen, Copy the information to email message body or simply copy data to memo pads directly from MxWallet.
- Assign Icons to a particular record. 75 easily differentiable icons packaged with the program.
- Generate passwords with PassGen tool. Allows you to generate password with Numeric, AlphaNumeric( Upper/Lower case) & Special Characters.
Get it here for $9.99.
Fried Chicken Reloaded (Palm) v1.07
Pick up Fried Chicken Reloaded (PPC), by In-Fusio Inc.. More troubles to come in this second episode of the already famous Filao Fried Chicken. With fifteen new levels, new enemies and gorgeous new graphics and animations you will feel like playing a Sunday morning cartoon in your hand.
- See Leo and its crazy world
- A unique game play
- Simply hilarious!
I like the sound of this game feeling like you're playing a cartoon in your hand! I've always wanted to do that, hehe!
Get it here for $9.95.
HandCalc Pro v1.0
Handcase has released its HandCalc Pro. This calculator is designed to operate as Scientific in modes Scientific, Engineering, Regular and Broker. It has all the functions necessary for more complex operations without neglecting the basic, in an elegant interface.
- 4 modes Scientific, Engineering, Regular and Broker
Going to school or back to school? I was surprised just how often I used a calculator and even a scientific calculator! Why not pick this one up?
Get it here for just $10.00.
Palm OS Updated:
Softick Audio Gateway
Softick has updated its Audio Gateway to version 1.22.
With Softick Audio Gateway, you can listen to your Palm wirelessly!
Softick Audio Gateway is the first Bluetooth audio streaming solution for Palm OS handhelds which allows to connect Palm OS handheld to the Bluetooth stereo headphones and listen to digital audio played by Palm OS applications: MP3 players, audio book readers, games.
Softick Audio Gateway can operate with any Bluetooth audio device which supports Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) designed to transfer a high-quality stereo audio stream wirelessly.
Softick Audio Gateway captures digital audio from Palm OS audio subsystem and redirects it to the Bluetooth A2DP device: stereo headphones, desktop PC, car audio or A2DP speakers.
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile support (A2DP)
- Audio/Video Remote Control Profile support (AVRCP)
- High quality stereo streaming, up to 304Kbps audio bitrate
- Wide-range players and audio software compatibility
- Easy setup and usage Support for Mono and Stereo sound stream
- Automatic upsampling/downsampling depending on blueooth headset capabilities
- Built-in audio post filter to improve low bitrate audio quality
Since my Centro doesnt support A2DP, I think I will purchase this and listen to my Centro on my Samsung SBH700 headset! And, I'll let you know how that goes soon, I hope!
Get Audio Gateway here for $19.95.
ClearSync calendars & contacts software SILVER
ClearSync has updated its ClearSync calendars & contacts software SILVER to version 2.0.
View and edit multiple calendars and contact lists on your Palm and PC with ClearSync applications. Sync each calendar or contact list with a separate group of people via the Internet.
The download package includes Palm applications that allow creating, editing, and viewing multiple calendars and contact lists on their PalmOS handheld. The Palm calendar application includes support for viewing calendars individually, side-by-side, or merged with colors indicating calendar membership.
The download also includes a Windows application that allows creating, editing, and viewing multiple calendars and contact lists on a Windows PC. Viewing modes include day, week, and month view with side-by-side day view, and multi-calendar merged views with colors indicating calendar membership. Calendars and contacts can be printed from the PC in a variety of formats.The one-button Palm sync will sync the Palm to a PC and also the PC to the ClearSync server. ClearSync users without handhelds can sync to the ClearSync server with a single mouse click from the PC application. Purchase of the Silver account includes the ClearSync sharing service for one year and technical support by email.
Paid ClearSync users can share calendars and contact lists to free account holders via a web browser from the ClearSync web site. Although free users cannot create or edit calendars or contact lists, by using their web browser on a PC, Mac, or Linux machine, they can view calendars and contact lists created by paying ClearSync users. This capability is useful for sharing with large groups at low cost.
- With ClearSync you Keep Your Life in Sync!
- Create and Edit...
- multiple calendars, shared and private
- contacts with name and contact info
- calendars and contacts from your PC or Palm handheld device
- your calendar and contacts with others.
- and control who can view and/or edit your calendars and contacts.
- calendars side-by-side at the same time, or in a merged view
- calendars in a day, week, or month view
- contacts organized by category
- on your Windows PC
- on your Palm handheld device
- on any platform with a web browser (e.g. Mac, Linux)
- updates of all members' calendars and contacts on all their devices
- no matter where the edits were done
- using your one-button Palm sync, the way you always have
- from PC using one-mouse-click sync
- calendars and contacts from office or home
- using wireless laptop or wireless Palm handheld to sync changes anywhere
- if you have a PC failure or lose your handheld, you will not lose any data
- to a set of public calendars
Sure sounds like a feature-packed program!
Get it here for $19.95.
RNS:: has updated its tumemos (two memos) to version 1.1.
RNS:: tumemos is a simple text editor which always displays two memos at once. This makes it a perfect tool whenever you need to translate or paraphrase some text.
- Edit text in the upper field :-)
- Edit text in the lower field :-)
Get it here for FREE. Can't beat the price!
MotionApps has updated its mVisualVoiceMail to version 1.0.2.
mVisualVoiceMail will boost the way you are working with your voicemails if you receive them as audio file attachments on your e-mail.
Instead of fumbling through the inbox looking for the voicemails one by one, guessing who they may be from and trying to play them without guaranteed success, use mVisualVoiceMail not only to see them all in one convenient place, but to instantly know who they are from and choose which one you wish to hear first.
Then push a button to listen to message, to call back sender, to send an e-mail, or to do anything else you feel you should be able to do with your voicemail in the first place.
How does it work?
If you configure mVisualVoiceMail to use POP3 e-mail account, it will filter and download all the voicemail messages you receive on your smartphone as e-mail attachments from your VoIP provider or company PBX and display them in a single list enabling you to select the exact message you want to listen to. Your voicemails will be displayed in an easy to manage list, with all the relevant details about the message: caller name, phone number, date and time the message arrived.
Listening to voice mails using default e-mail clients
If you wish to use any other e-mail application that supports attachments, such as VersaMail, you can use the benefits of mVisualVoiceMail advanced audio player features to listen to your voice messages.
In this case, you will be able to play voice mail messages from any e-mail application that supports attachments.
mVisualVoiceMail includes an industry leading audio player specialized for playing voicemails in a number of industry standard formats. It is a unique player designed with voicemail in mind, capable of decoding audio data generated by commonly used PBXes such as those from Avaya, Cisco or Nortel in G.729, GSM 6.10, G.711 and many other formats that cannot be natively reproduced with Windows Media Player or other audio apps.
- Toggle between brief or detailed views of voicemail list and see your messages before you select the ones you wish to hear
- Integration with POP3 email server for downloading and listening voicemails
- Playing voice mail messages from any application that supports attachments
- mVisualVoiceMail is a unique solution in the market, capable of reproducing most industry standard audio formats, straight from your inbox
- Advanced audio player for listening to voicemail messages that cannot be played with default media player
- Simple, yet powerful playback controls. Jump forward or rewind the voicemail, toggle playback speed, pause playback and more by a simple flick of a finger, keyboard or stylus
- As it is integrated with your address book, mVisualVoiceMail enables you to reply to received messages by calling any of the numbers you have stored in your address book, or even to reply with a new e-mail message
- Redirect sound output to main speaker, radio speaker or headphones
- Permanently store important messages on SD card
- Optimized for Palm OS devices
Fellow writer Mike Guccione recently reviewed mVisualVoiceMail. Check out what Mike had to say!
Get it here for $24.99.
Next Page: WM Software >>