New Version of Kinoma Play: World's First Mobile "Social Media Browser"
Kinoma recently announced a major new release of Kinoma Play. The new version has hundreds of individual new features, but the main new feature is that it connects media services with social networks to create something greater (and a lot more interesting) than just the sum of its parts.
"The new Kinoma Play connects your media and your social networks with power and simplicity unavailable anywhere else,' said Peter Hoddie, CEO of Kinoma, "It's not just that we've added hundreds of new features - it's how naturally they work together, and how easily they work together on the new Kinoma Play home screen."
The new Kinoma Play release includes:
- Cross-social sharing Kinoma Play's unique approach to supporting social media services and social networks breaks down the barriers between them and is key to its "share everything with everybody" approach. Users can share YouTube videos on Facebook, share Facebook photos on Twitter, share tunes via SMS, and more because everything's a first-class citizen, they can do it in a way that would otherwise be clumsy or impossible.
- Your mobile media home Users can now create personal Home screens for fast access to their favorite stuff. Exclusive ZoomLinks let users jump instantly to almost anything - individual items, entire albums, even to specific features of any Kinoma Play application. They can make pages that collect friends' Flickr photostreams, YouTube favorites and Twitter tweets, pages of "presets" to live radio streams and podcasts - the possibilities are infinite.
- Twitter Allows users to tweet about the music, videos and podcasts they love on the world's largest microblogging site. They can update their status, and photo-blog their day for friends, family and followers all around the world with built-in TwitPic integration. Theres even built-in search so users can see what the worlds saying about breaking news, or about themselves.
- Facebook The world's largest social network is also the world's largest photo sharing site, and Kinoma Play is now the easiest, most convenient way for users to update their status and instantly share the pictures that tell the story of their life.
- App stores - Kinoma Play's built-in store allows users to download and update their Kinoma Play apps. With two clicks they can install the Mobihand Store app to buy Windows Mobile apps for their phone, check out screenshots and YouTube video demos before they buy, and even download free trials.
- YouTube - Kinoma Play is now the world's most comprehensive mobile application for YouTube, the world's largest social video site. There's an all-new user interface and tons of features - upload, browse, search, play, favorite, rate, comment, share and lots more.
- Last.fm - It's the music service that "learns what you love" and now Kinoma Play lets users share their love of music with the world. Users can automatically "scrobble" while they listen, see and read about favorite bands and artists, find more artists like the ones they love and connect with what their friends are listening to as well.
- News Reader - Kinoma Play's new built-in news reader application lets users read their favorite blogs and other news right within Kinoma Play, and play associated video, music, podcasts and pictures as well. By subscribing, they'll automatically be notified about new posts as they become available.
- Cloud media playback and management - Kinoma Play users get 1GB of free space from cloud storage and sharing pioneer Box.net when they sign up within Kinoma Play - that's enough space for over 250 songs. That lets users easily move media between their phone and PC, stream their own music, pictures and video without using valuable space on their phone, and share files and folders with friends.
- Flickr and Picasa - They're two of the world's largest photo-sharing sites, and they're built right in. With Kinoma Play, the phone is an "infinite photo album" of personal photos, photos from friends and family and the most interesting photos taken by people around the world. Even upload new photos on the fly in just seconds.
Wow, Kinoma Play sure is packed full of new features. Sounds like a nice way of sweetening your social networks on your Windows Mobile Treo.
The new version of Kinoma Play is free for all Kinoma Play customers. If you haven't picked up a copy of Kinoma Play for your Windows Mobile Treo yet, the price is $29.99.