Works with Treo 600 CDMA, Treo 600 GSM and Treo 650
Mac OS X 10.2.8 or higher
Mac OS X 10.3.4 or higher
|The Missing Sync for Palm OS
Read Review (Rating 4/5) <<
Frustrated with the limitations of Palm Desktop for the Mac? The Missing Sync is HotSync on steroids.
Here is a list of the main features of The Missing Sync:
- Synchronize with iCal
- Synchronize with Address Book
- Synchronize with Microsoft Entourage
- Connect with Bluetooth
- Connect with Wi-Fi / AirPort
- Mount memory cards on the Mac OS X desktop
- Transfer MP3s from iTunes to your handheld
- Import/Export images with iPhoto
- Browse the Web, download email, sync with AvantGo
- SyncMinder� lets you know it's time to sync
- MemoPad application syncs handheld memos
- SplashPhoto image viewer included
See TreoCentral's extensive review for more infomation...
|I can't decide who I dislike more, Palm or Markspace. It is erratic, unrealiable, opaque...
|Hit and miss synching, restarting the computer entirely has helped but reliability Missing Sync to actually connect data between my mac and Treo 650 is HORRIBLE.
|Does not actually "sync" events or contacts
I own a Sprint Treo650. I upgraded to a MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo and in the process I purchased Missing Sync for Palm OS version 6. I never installed the Palm Desktop or any of the Apple/Palm conduits on my new laptop. I installed Missing Synce version 6 and started using the software. I have not had many of the issues that other users have reported.
If I enter a new contact or calendar event on either the laptop or the phone and then perform a hotsync, the data is put on both devices. If I edit an existing contact or calendar event on either device and then perform a hotsync, the edit does not transfer to the other device. In my opinion, this does not "sync" the information.
1) Is this the way the Missing Software is designed to perform?
2) I understand that I can check the "Overwrite handheld with desktop data" option, but that is not keeping my data in "sync" at that point.
3) Did other users experience the same issue I described above in version 6?
4) Did other users expereince the same issue I described above in version 5?
5) I used Palm Desktop and the Apple iSync conduit previously with my Treo650 and Apple PowerBook. While that system did not have the "bells and whistles" that the Missing Sync offers, it did sync my data flawlessly... which to me is the primary function of a hotsync.
6) There are MANY issues with the software that have not been resolved. Plese visit the MarkSPace website and read the user forums.
|Highly unreliable syncing and mounting
|Syncs work half the time, mounts don't work at all since tiger. My clients have the same probs, yet there isn't discussion of this in their knowledgebase. Support ranges from none, to 4 day delayed responses.
|A must have product for Mac/Treo Users
|its has being born 2gether with the all kits
|It happened one day in my room,part of the of room born with some important books,files and the kits of it.I will like to have keyboards,memory,handsets,cd,battery and usb cable and I wish I can get discount for the kits I request.